Monday, February 20, 2012

Vacances :)

Ahhh vacation is here...I slept in this morning till 10. I love it, I feel like I never have the time to sleep in. I spent the weekend in the North of France with my host family...so beautiful :) We just went to the sea and walked around and enjoyed the sunny weather. Although it was still cold! I was wearing jeans, socks, boots, gloves, a hat, a scarf, two sweaters and a big jacket. Gotta love the European coldness :) I want it to be summer already so I can wear a bathing suit and get a tan! ;)

Last weekend I was lucky enough to go to Switzerland and see my mom. Wow, it was a much needed break. I was so happy when I saw her arriving in the Zurich airport...and when we hugged and began to talk it felt like no time had passed between us at all, even though the last time I saw here was 6 months ago. We stayed in a perfect apartment in the town of Fribourg...and spent our days shopping, talking, and eating :) She was amazed at how much European's eat bread! By the time we left on Monday I think she was looking forward to returning to California and eating a huge, healthy salad and I was looking forward to returning to Belgium for the chocolate, waffles, and fries :) Really nothing in this world can compare to them....

Tomorrow I will be spending the day in one of my favorite cities, Brussels, with my Belgian friend :) I think we will go to the cinema and do some shopping. I am so excited because I haven't been to the cinema in foreverrrrrr! Even though it's in French I still love it :)

This Thursday I will be leaving for Amsterdam with about 40 other exchange students. Looking forward to it....I am so addicted to traveling now! I will write another post when I return from my trip and explain how Amsterdam was.
The beautiful North of France :)

Mommy and I in Fribourg, Switzerland
View from our apartment
And also I wish everyone a Happy Mardi Gras!! 

"So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."-Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment