Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I AMsterdam!!

Well, I had a wonderful three day trip to Amsterdam with 47 other exchange students! We left early on Thursday morning from Brussels and started out by going to the Johannes Vermeer museum in Delft, where I saw the Girl with the Pearl Earring Painting. It was so beautiful! Later we arrived in Amsterdam and had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe and after walked through the famous Red Light District. It was a little disturbing...and the hotel we stayed in was so great! I shared it with girls from the U.S., India, Japan, and Argentina.

Alright so Friday morning we went to the Jewish Quarter of Amsterdam and went to a synagogue and museum. In the afternoon we got to visit Anne Frank's house. It was very emotional but I feel so lucky to go there, I read the Diary of Anne Frank a few years ago and it really was so unreal to get to see her house...and the bookshelf that hid her secret room. She was trapped in that house for about two years! Friday night we went to the Van Gogh museum and I got to see his famous painting of the sunflowers...so beautiful.

Saturday was unfortunately the last day but at least we had beautiful weather! Sunny with blue skies...perfect for our canal ride :) After we had free time to look around the city a little more and buy souvenirs.

So I really enjoyed my three days there....and I hope to go back one day! :) And if any of you are planning to visit just make sure you watch out for the many bike riders!!


Now I am counting down the days till my next trip...Spring break in ITALY! :) But for now I have a lot of things to keep me busy in Belgium!
Cute shoe :)

Exchange students!!

No comments:

Post a Comment