Saturday, September 17, 2011

Time needs to slow down!

Hello, my followers! This Monday will mark my first month in Belgium. Time is going by way too fast, but at the same time it feels like I've been gone for 10 years.

I made it through my second week of school. I absolutely love it! Everyone is so friendly and I feel like I belong there. Most of my teachers understand that going to school in a foreign country and speaking in a foreign language is difficult, so they aren't too demanding. My French teacher assigned L'Alchimiste (The Alchemist) for me to read instead of a more challenging book the rest of the class has to read. Thankfully I read The Alchemist a few months ago so I know what it's about :) I'm still going to read it in french though because it's good practice. Oh and I was actually able to complete my first math assignment, with a little help from my friends :)

This weekend is the Fete de Wallonie in Namur. There are various shows and some pretty famous Belgian singing groups performing. I went last night and hung out with some friends from school and other exchange students. Tonight I'm going back to watch Suarez perform, a Belgian group :) I can't wait!

A few nights ago I made dinner for my host family. I made penne pasta and a tomato sauce with sausage, onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers. Also I made a salad with different kinds of vegetables, croutons, and cheese. They really enjoyed it. Next time I'm going to make them grilled cheese :)

All in all, I have had a wonderful first month in Belgium. The chocolate, waffles, beer, fries, people, and sights are amazing. I feel so lucky to be here :) Time needs to slow down though. I still have so much I need to do! I hope everything is well in California.

Bisous bisous

Fete de Wallonie avec mes amis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment