Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Last Day in the States

Wow, I never thought this day would come! It is such a surreal feeling to know that I am leaving my town, family, friends, and house in a few hours. I am feeling excited and anxious, and I am pretty sure I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Today I went out to lunch with my friend, Kelsie. She is so sweet and funny; I'm going to miss her! Then I went around town to purchase some last minute things. I also went to the gym with Ohm, the Thai foreign exchange student that is living in my house for the year. My bags are packed and they better not be over the 50 pound weight limit! Right now my larger bag weighs 49 pounds... :)

My dad and I are leaving Palo Cedro at 3:30 a.m and I fly out of Sacramento at 8:30 a.m. My sister and my best friend will be there to say their goodbyes. I keep thinking of how to say goodbye to my parents, sister, and close friends and I am at a loss. Thank goodness for Facebook and Skype!!

My host dad emailed me yesterday and told me that their bathroom is getting renovated so when my family picks me up from the Brussels airport we are going to stay in a cottage in the town of Ardennes. It is really close to Luxembourg and France :) I was very happy to hear this news and I can't believe after all these months of planning and getting everything ready I will be in Belgium!

Well, when I write my next blog I will be in Belgium! Hopefully enjoying some waffles and french fries :)

Au revoir my fellow Californians and à bientôt Belgium!
Carly


My two favorite people <3

No comments:

Post a Comment